Even though our work schedule has been interrupted by the Coronavirus, we’ll still be able to provide you with the highest quality of tax and accounting services which you’re accustomed to.
The IRS and FTB have announced their plans for the remaining 2019 filing season. Below are their summaries:
- The IRS is granting taxpayers an additional 90 days to pay their 2019 tax obligations. Payments which would normally be due on April 15 will now be due on July 15.
- The IRS as of March 20 has pushed forward the filing deadline as well. The filing deadline is now July 15, 2020 for all returns that would have been due April 15, 2020.
- The FTB requires that CA returns also include the Federal returns. July 15 will be the new filing date for California as well.
- The FTB won’t charge penalties or interest for payments made between April 15 – July 15.
- The FTB doesn’t require taxpayers to file an extension.
With the shelter in place taking effect, we are required to keep our office closed until April 7. We’ll be able to work from home, but our capabilities will be limited. Returns which would have normally been filed by April 15 will now be filed between April 15 – July 15.
We’re still picking up our mail on a weekly basis so please take this time to complete your organizers and gather your tax documents. If someone from our office emailed you about a missing item, please respond to them.
We’re asking for your patience and understanding during the shelter in place. We’ll keep you posted if anything changes.
We hope that you all stay safe and healthy.
Lou, Brendan, Larry, Phil, Ronnie, Tommy, Sal and Chris.